1 August 2007

spurned!

i am beginning to dislike photobucket.

I HAVE BEEN THEIR SUPPORTIVE AND LOYAL USER SINCE THE DAWN OF PHOTO HOSTING!

and what have i been repaid with?

all these years of endless upgrading just to be able to compare with the likes of flickr, imageshack and snapfish but i had never once even had the thought of switching hosts. why? why? never mind the fact that it's the first URL to be displayed when you google for "photo host"!!

felicia, "i dont like photobucket.. the quality of the uploaded photos are just deteriorated."

but no... i tell her i like it because i've been using it all these time and i am used to the way it works, i simply will not bother to learn how to use other photo hosts (what messy way to upload and edit and etc.) but now i think maybe im just too technologically stumped.

anyway, back to what i was said. AND WHAT HAVE I BEEN REPAID WITH??

pages that will NEVER load no matter how many times i refresh it. right after i sign in, there's a waiting page that says "click here (link) if your page does not load within 5 seconds." well, guess how many times i clicked?? no prize for the winner who guessed more than 20.

this has been going on for a while now. don't give me the shit like my internet (brunet, non e-speed) is crap, because even when i was in malaysia using streamyx, it was the same. are you going to say streamyx sucks too? (maybe sometimes lah). but 80% of the time????

here i am, geared with photos i want to share with all of you, ready to upload it into my trusted photo host when the damn page won't even load. i don't even want to use blogger to upload, because i LOVED you, photobucket! I USED TO LOVE YOU. but now i am spurned. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER even load your index page again!! the URL http://www.photobucket.com will NEVER NEVER NEVER appear in my browser history again!

it hurts me that i would have to do this so i am giving you a chance. i will not delete all the photos i already have in my album.. yet. i need time to decide. if the next time i try to load you, i get the same annoying result......the rest is history.

*sob*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I am sorry about your bad experience with Photobucket and other mentioned photo-hosting website.

Well nothing comes for free isnt it? Well for most people that upload photos, they are fine with it, I don't usually see people complaining about photo-hosting websites because its free.

Maybe you should continue searching for a new photo hosting website that would be ideal for you. Other than that, you have two choices:

1) Stick with your current photo-hosting sites.

2) Stop uploading photos, I am sure many viewers would not congratulate you for that.

The choice is truly yours.

felicia said...

lyn, i don't think there's anything wrong with photobucket la. The quality of pictures uploaded are fine.... and i'm actually quite content with photobucket.

you're saying that when you upload pictures, the quality deteriorates right? I don't think so eh. and are u talking about the pics of the 5 of us? If yes, I think u resized the pictures, right?

When i edited the pictures, I resized them to 100x165. That's the uploaded size, in the same ratio as the original file.

When you change the size of the pictures to make them smaller, you're supposed to make sure that the ratio is the same as the uploaded one. if not, they'll look like what they look like now.

You changed them to 65x something. It's not the same ratio as the original one so yea it looks deteriorated. I don't think photobucket is to blame dear. :)

josh said...

I think I should have a word with Kevin cause I think he's NEGLECTING me.

Haha.

felicia said...

Kevin? neglecting you? Noooohhhh.... This can't be! You're his best buddy! Unless...... hahahahaha JK. :)